POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have I missed something? : Re: Have I missed something? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I missed something?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Oct 2008 10:42:48
Message: <48f0bb68$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> Excuse me? Read many programming job ads recently? What are the most
> requested skills?

Generally C, C++, Java, VB, Perl, PHP, in approximately that order.

(Actually, probably the *most* requested skill is "excellent
communication skills", but that's not what you meant...)

> There are probably more people priogramming for .net (using the various
> languages that compile to it) than for the java virual machine.

Really? That's interesting.

I've yet to see anything that uses .NET, but finding websites that use
Java is quite common. (Although I must say, I haven't seen any
"applications" as such written purely in Java.)

Maybe .NET code is just less "visible" somehow?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/